The Research & Grants Department is the chief administrative unit for facilitating and advancing research at the Doha Institute. The department's mission entails the following goals:
- Identify, acquire and administer research funding.
- Provide effective administrative services to Doha Institute research personnel to facilitate their work and to enhance their capacity and productivity.
- Ensure that Doha Institute research maintains a level of objectivity, integrity and ethics in line with applicable regulations and internationally recognized best practices.
- Collect, organize and communicate Doha Institute research outcomes internally and externally to enhance the research activities' impact.
- Seek out and foster national and international strategic research collaborations and initiatives.