The Doha Institute for Graduate Studies is inviting applications for full-time positions on the Professorial scale (Assistant, Associate, Full Professor) on its Human Rights Graduate Program. The Doha Institute (DI) is an independent post-graduate research-led institution of Social Sciences, Humanities, Public Administration and Development Economics, launched in October 2015.
- Successful candidates will have a doctorate (PhD, SJD, or equivalent) in Law or a related discipline, such as Political Science – complete or close to completion.
- An excellent research and publication record, as well as proven teaching experience, preferably at the graduate level.
- The successful candidate will be able to teach one or more of the following subjects: Introduction to Human Rights, Public International Law, Human Rights and Islamic Law, Human Rights in the Arab World, Critical Approaches to Human Rights, Critical Approaches to International Law, and Comparative Constitutional Law.
- Priority will be given to candidate who can teach two or more of these subjects.
- An experience working with human rights organizations is an advantage.
- While English is recognized as a language of learning and research in the DI, the candidate must have the ability to teach in Arabic.
- The successful candidate will be expected to engage in individual and collaborative research projects in human rights, working closely with colleagues across different disciplines.
- The candidate will be expected to fully participate in the academic life of the DI.
The DI offers internationally competitive salaries and benefits commensurate with rank and experience, and the opportunity of promotion across ranks, subject to performance.
The appointment is scheduled for August/September 2020, but we will continue to receive applications until the position is filled. Inquiries and applications (cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae, evidence of teaching experience, publication samples, and three references from people acquainted with the candidate's name) should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.