The Public Policy program seeks to prepare graduates to work in governmental and non-governmental agencies, and international organizations by providing current students and promising public policy officers with academic knowledge and technical skills to formulate, analyze and evaluate public policies in the State of Qatar and the Arab world. The program equips its students with skills in research methods development, and effective communication in both Arabic and English; through producing innovative policy-oriented research relevant to the Arab region. It embraces the core public service values of equity, effectiveness, diversity, integrity, collaboration and excellence in its curricula, student admission and faculty recruitment.
The program brings about positive change in public sector governance and policy design in Qatar and the Arab world. It aims to establish a new culture based on the analysis and evaluation of public policy reform agenda while adhering to the ethical principles of public service, social equality and diversity.
The program embraces the core public service values of equity, effectiveness, diversity, integrity, collaboration and excellence in its curricula, student admission and faculty recruitment. Since the program's inception, it managed to attract a total number of 66 female and male students from a number of Arab countries.
Program learning outcomes:
- Work in collaborative & team- oriented environments
- Understand the principles, challenges and opportunities facing public policy makers
- Analyze and solve policy problems using empirical methods
- Communicate in writing with multiple and diverse audiences
- Communicate verbally with multiple and diverse audiences
- Understand different budget processes and reforms
- Create financial statements according to international principles
- Apply ethical criteria for making policy decisions
- Apply and appreciate economic principles
- Appreciate diversity issues as they affect communities in Qatar & the Arab World