The Executive Master of Public Administration (EMPA) is designed to prepare current and prospective public service professionals to lead organizations in an ethical, capable and transparent manner. The EMPA track embraces principles of equality, effectiveness, representation and justice in its curriculum as well as in its student and faculty recruitment. The EMPA track provides exceptional education to individuals committed to making a positive difference in their Qatari and Arab communities, and it equips its graduates with critical thinking skills to govern and make decisions using empirical research. The EMPA track also aspires to improve knowledge production, in both Arabic and English, in areas of public affairs research.
A. Core Compulsory Courses
Students are expected to complete 8 courses of 3 credit hours each listed below:
- MPA 610E Introduction to Citizenship, Governance, and Public Administration
- MPA 612E Introductory Statistics with Applications
- MPP 611E Public Policy Analysis and Formulation
- MPA 613E Public Budgeting and Finance
- - MPA 614E Public Human Resource Management
- MPA 616E Public Leadership Change and Conflict Management
- MPA 618E Research Methods in Public Administration
- MPA 619E Strategic Management for Public Sector and NGOs
B. Elective Courses
Executive MPA students with previous experience can complete 15 credit hours of elective courses. The elective courses provide broad range reflects the interests of the executives' managers involved in the track.
MPA students without previous experience are required to complete 15 credit hours of elective courses and MPA001 Public Service Internship course (3 Credit Hours).
C. Capstone Research
- MPA 698E: Capstone Research
After completing the track requirements, the graduates will have Executive Master of public administration