The mission of the Master of Development Economics (MDE) program is to advance the learning and research capacity of diverse Arabic speaking students using interdisciplinary research methodologies and tools. The MDE program aims to graduate development economists and practitioners who can propose scientific and practical solutions to development challenges in the Arab region in an ethical and culturally relevant manner.
Program learning outcomes
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the role, structures, and policies governing the field of development.
2. Critically analyze emerging debates related to economic development through the lens of economic theory.
3. Formulate policies that address issues of economic development.
4. Conduct empirical research to study economic development challenges.
5. Employ statistical techniques and econometric models to analyze economic data.
6. Communicate statistical analyses and results to non-experts in the field.