The MCSS program welcomes outstanding applicants who possess the skills and motivation required for graduate study. Prospective students must meet the admissions requirements at both the Institute and the Program level in order to apply. To be admitted to the program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
For register click here.
- Applicants must have earned a satisfactory bachelor's degree or been as a senior year student with a graduation expected date occurring before the August of the intended year of study
- The bachelor's degree should ideally include a major or a minor in Security Studies or a field that is relevant to Security Studies such as Political Science, International Relations, Conflict Studies, Military Studies, and Journalism. But thorough considerations will be given to students with a bachelor's degree in other disciplines as well.
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0-point scale, or equivalent.
- Two letters of recommendations from academics.
- A personal statement of interest.
- Satisfactory knowledge of the English language. Applicants should submit one of the following scores. The score must be taken within the past two years:
- A. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): A score of 500 on the paper-based test (PBT).
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): A score of 79 on the internet-based test (iBT).
- In lieu of the TOEFL (if not offered in student's country), applicants may submit results from IELTS (International English Language Testing System) with an overall score of a 6.5.
- A personal interview will be conducted with the applicant.
- A writing sample authored by the applicant will be required.
The MCSS program anticipates its first cohort of students in September 2019.
Applications for the 2019-2020 academic year will open in October 2018 and will close in the end of February 2019.
Interviews with candidates that meet the Institute and Program requirements will be scheduled in May 2019 and admissions decisions will be communicated by the end of June 2019.